Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Mugger

The day after we got back from Paris, Stef and Alison came in from London for their Spring Break. We met up with them for tapas and some sangria and on our way back we had to take the metro. So we went to Gran Via metro stop which is usually crazy crowded and full of tourists. There werent that many people around and I was the last to go on the escalator towards the stop we wanted to go to. I had my black bag around my wrist and I felt from behind someone tugging on it and I turned around and saw this short man in his forties trying to steal my bag! Since it was still around my wrist and he was trying to run away he dragged me onto the escalator and we were both trying to fight for it. It happened in like 30 seconds but it felt like forever and I kept pulling and ended up getting a bunch of bruises on my legs but I ended up with all my things in the end. The mugger had a bag of chips in his hand when we was trying to mug me and then dropped all of them on the escalator. Stef Alison and Amanda didnt realaize anything was going on until they saw me on lying on the escalator and they had thought i had fallen. Stef then realized after and we all walked as fast as we could after she helped me up. We told the security guard who had a dog and crossed eyes and he didnt seem to concerned about it but this nice woman came up to us after and asked if we were okay. I was just happy the mugger didnt get to enjoy any of those chips or my bag.

No comments: