Sunday, February 3, 2008

leche de pantera

Hola! Things have been going really well here in Madrid. Last weekend we went to Segovia. it was really beautiful and we went to the cathedral and castle that our there. The castle had amazing views and Liz and Amanda and I felt like princesses. It was great. We also saw the roman aquaduct which was huge and amazing since it has been there for so long. My camera died like the first 20 minutes we got there but everyone else took pictures. I was a little sick last week so I decided I should stay in and not go out last weekend.
This week I started my electives Actualidades and Arte. I liker arte but actualidades is not my favorite so far. We will see. On Wednesday my roommate Maya and I went to this Cave bar near Moncloa. It was really cool and different! The drinks were massive and they are famous for this drink called leche de pantera. I didnt have it the first time I went but I bought it on Saturday. Thursday Amanda and I went to Palacio and we met up with Wendy from my class. We met a boy Manuel from Argentina. We was our friend for the night. On Friday night my whole class went out becuase it was Steffan's last day at Tandem. Of course we ended the night/morning with churros con chocolate! It was rainy and cold which was gross but fun. Last night everyone met up at the Cave Bar where I ordered my first leche de pantera. The milk comes out of ceiling and the leche is green. I dont know why though. This weekend everyone stayed in Madrid except my roommates. I missed them so much! Eating pieces of shit was not the same without them.
Today Amanda and I booked flights to London! We are leaving February 21st and will be back the 24th! We plan on staying with Stef and Alison in their flat which is great since we dont have to worry about a hostel or anything! This will be my first time in London and I'm so excited. Next weekend we will be going to Salamanca with our group on Friday-Sunday. And the following week we are heading to Morocco! I don't think Ive been so excited and nervous about something in awhile. Well maybe not awhile since I was freaking out about coming to Madrid.

No comments: